Three Hierarch's Russian Orthodox Church in Streator
This was one of the two parishes that St. John served when he was a missionary in America It was called "The Chicago-Streator parish in the state of Illinois. This church no longer exist in Streator Illinois. It was torn down in 1964 and replaced by a new modern Catholic Church. Originally it was built in Russia and shipped to the Colombian Exposition in Chicago 1893. After the exposition it was dismantled and rebuilt in Streator about 50 miles from Chicago. It was then sold to the Baptist church and they sold it to the St. Casmir Polish Catholic Church in 1914.
This photo shows the dedication ceremony in 1914 . Notice that all the exterior decoration had been removed.