Youth Organization (YO) Annual Report January 2014
Prepared by John Segvich
• Held a kick-off meeting with parents and discussed our youth ministry program, including Sunday School.
• Sunday class will start at 11:30 a.m. and end no later than 12:15 - 12:30 p.m.
• We will explore ways to add more activities throughout the year.
• Sunday, March 3: teens assisted Michaelyn Sloan with "Soup on Sunday" fundraiser for missions.
• Saturday, March 23 a Youth Retreat was held: Listen to the Heartbeat of God was held at St. Luke. Key topics: prayer, bible study, and repentance. We began the day with morning prayers with Fr Andrew, after which Lee Kopulos led a Bible study session. We enjoyed a Lenten Mexican fiesta lunch, and then Maria led a wonderful session on prayer life.
• We discussed and prepared for our 2013-2014 youth program (youth group & Sunday School). Theme: Living as an Orthodox Christian in the modern world.
• We held our first Bible study for the teens in Nov. Topic = John 6 and The Eucharist led by Lee Kopulos.
Upcoming Plans for 2014:
I hope to have another retreat, a summer barbeque and perhaps a guest speaker.