Sanctity Of Life Report Annual Meeting January 2005
By Mary Jo Werbiansky
Throughout the year dates for various events held by OC Life and PASS were shared
with the parish providing the opportunity for participation.
- Sanctity of Life Sunday - Birth mother spoke to the parish about her experiences.
(Michaelyn Sloan contact)
- Diapers were collected for Mother's Day (PASS)
- Hike for Life info distributed. No participants.
- Pro-life flyers were inserted in bulletins
- 3 members participated in the Life Chain in October (area churches)
- One table of 9 people attended the Annual Life Banquet and made a donation on behalf
of the parish. (PASS)
- Newborn items were collected in conjunction with St. Nicholas celebration
In 2003 Blankets for Linus gave us dozens of handmade items for
newborns which were donated to PASS. This has not been pursued this year. In 2002 a
dresser/crib was hand painted, filled with items and donated.
- Sanctity of Life Sunday - flyers inserted in bulletins
- March for Life in Washington DC - Pearl Homiak plans to attend along with
members of St. Constantine and Helen Parish
- Pearl will share her experiences with parishioners upon her return
- Diaper collection for Mother's Day
- Hike for Life (Frankfort/New Lenox area)
- Life Chain
- PASS Annual Banquet and fundraiser
- Annual St. Nicholas/Giving Tree donations
If you are interested in training to be a counselor at PASS, sort clothing at PASS, or
volunteer your services to them in any way, please see Mary Jo Werbiansky.
If you are interested in attending Orthodox Church for Life meetings and becoming
involved with their activities, please see Pearly Homiak.