Fellowship Annual Report January 2010
Special Events – Nadia Doss/Luba Johnson
We provided refreshments for many events this year. The following are some of the major events hosted by St. Luke.
· New Member Luncheon was held on February 22, 2009. To insure that parishioners would attend I asked Fr. Andrew to invite all to lunch. A voluntary donation toward the luncheon was suggested. The Community Budget covered the cost of the lunch and approximately $400 was collected in the basket which was deposited into the General Budget.
· Pascha feast followed the Resurrection service and was very well attended. Also a variety of foods helped break our fast.
· Quad-Parish Picnic was held on June 14, 2009 celebrating around the theme of Flag Day. Approximately 80 St. Luke Parishioners supported this event. The total attendance from all four parishes was around 190 persons. All expenses for St. Luke were covered by the cost of the tickets. After all picnic expenses were covered each church received $194.14. Archbishop Job and clergy from the four parishes served liturgy. The food was again catered by Polonia. Special Flag Retirement Ceremony was conducted by the Venture Crew.
· Dn. Danial Doss send-off luncheon – was held on August 13, 2009. The entire cost of the luncheon was paid for under the Community Team Budget. Everyone present wished Dn. Danial the best as he begins his studies at the seminary.
· Oktoberfest – St. Luke Feast Day – October 17 & 18, 2009 Oct. 17th approximately 35 people attended Vespers. Refreshments were served in the church hall. On Oct. 18th catering was ordered for 100 people. Over 100 people attended the luncheon. Luncheon was catered from Polonia for the cost of $750. Extra expenses of $377 were incurred during the two days that food was provided. Total expenses $1127, amount collected $986. I feel that everyone present enjoyed the food.
· Christmas Eve Supper was hosted by Mary Jo Werbiansky. The traditional fasting supper was very well attended.
· New Year Celebration was celebrated on January 7, 2010. Approximately 100 people were in attendance. Once again St. Luke welcomed Parishioners from St. Peter and Paul and Archangel Michael. The food was catered this year and a DJ was brought in to supply music. Cost from Community Budget was $625.00 for this event.
· 2010 Events
New Members’ Luncheon/ Project Mexico Fundraiser - February 14, 2010