Adult Education Report Annual Meeting 2011
Prepared by Else Tennessen
• The School of the 70 has 7 official enrollees as of Oct 2010. During Lent, I posted daily "lessons" each day of Lent consisting of the Scriptures from the OCA schedule, a pertinent article or reading from Orthodox sites online, and questions relating to all.
• During Lent,Father lead a video class called "The Jesus I Never Knew" based on the book by Philip Yancey to better meet the need for a self-serve school.
• Prizes were awarded for the School of the 70 top performers.
• Summer reading program continued and reading books were available from St. Luke’s online store.
• Lee Kopulos continued to lead a weekly Bible study that met during the week at church. He covered 1 and 2 Corinthians in 2009, and finished 2 Corinthians in 2010 . In Oct., Lee's adult bible study began learning about the early church using the books "Formation and Struggles - The Birth of the Church ad 33- 200" and "From Baptist to Byzantium." His class meets every Wednesday at 7 pm in the church.
• As of Nov., theSchool of the 70’s website was redesigned into PAGES. All items for the school are now listed on individual pages for quick and easy accessibility from tabs at the top of each page. Also, the following additions have been made:
1. Lee Kopulos' class is now available for credit
2. Lee's classroom worksheets are now downloadable
3. Ancient church history links have been added
Plans for 2010:
• Future plans include adding more activities and working to generate more interest. Books from the bookstore will be featured as credit activities.